Our center provides "Student Success and Development" Workshops every semester which introduces tools and strategies for obtaining and increasing students' chances of achieving success and maintaining a positive academic standing. Our student success specialists inform students of the various types of academic status (good standing, probation, suspension, or dismissal), explanations and implications of their current academic status and strategies for obtaining good standing while working to obtain or maintain the status of master students.
- English Proficiency Exam (EPE)
- Provides test taking strategies while reviewing basic writing and grammar skills in preparation for this exam.
- Study Skills
- Gain tips and learn strategies on a variety of learning and study habits.
- APA Citations
- Learn how to use citations and paraphrasing to avoid plagiarism.
- Time Management
- Learn how to increase productivity, reduce stress and improve your overall academic results.
- Opportunities and Rewards at UVI
- Find out about all the great opportunities you have at UVI.
- The Neuroscience of Learning
- Neuroscience has uncovered the key to how your brain learns. Find out how to study smarter!
- Causes and Consequences of Failure in College
- Identify reasons for students failing college and what students can do to avoid falling into these traps.
- Academic Advising
- How to find out who your academic advisor is, how to contact them, and how to make the most of your advising relationship.
- EAB/SSC Campus Software
- How to navigate the new online tool to view your schedule, schedule an appointment with a tutor or advisor, communicate with instructors, and more.
To request a workshop or find out more information about existing workshops, please contact Jacinthe Proctor on St. Thomas at 340-693-1592 or Ms. Maria Fleming on St. Croix at 340-692-4183.