The College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
Department of Social Sciences
Minor in Sociology
Upon successful completion of the program, students minoring in sociology will be able to:
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of sociology.
- Identify significant sociological theorists, theoretical paradigms, and research methodologies.
- Apply and present sociological thinking to analysis of social structures, practices, movements and institutions.
- Demonstrate basic skills and concepts in interpreting behavior, studying research, and applying research design principles to drawing conclusions about sociological phenomena.
- Demonstrate an ability to write cogent scientific arguments, present information using a scientific approach, engage in discussion of sociological concepts, explain the ideas of others, and express their own ideas with clarity.
- Apply sociological knowledge and thinking to real-world situations.