Students graduating with a bachelor’s degree majoring in Accounting will be:
- Proficient in conducting present value analysis as it relates to various accounting topics.
- Able to distinguish between a deduction for and a deduction from adjusted gross income as it relates to preparation of income tax returns and be able to correctly compute tax liability when capital gains are involved.
- Able to distinguish relevant costs for decision-making analysis and their effect on decision-making in various business scenarios.
- Proficient in conducting variance analysis.
- Able to evaluate the strength and weaknesses of internal control systems.
- Proficient in interpreting and evaluating consolidated financial statements.
- Proficient in preparing a master budget.
The School of Business uses a combination of embedded assessments and nationally normed examinations. The accounting major embeds assessments in the respective courses.