Preserving the University of the Virgin Islands Financial Integrity
The Administration and Finance Component provides support services for the University of the Virgin Islands through leadership, oversight of business and financial services, and management and stewardship of capital development, fiscal resources and human resources.
The Administration and Finance component comprises a team of energetic, dedicated employees highly focused on providing support services for the University of the Virgin Islands through leadership, oversight of business and financial services, and management and stewardship of capital development, fiscal and human resources to enable the University community to focus on its mission. The Administration and Finance Component consists of the following departments: Benefits and Immigration Services, Budget and Financial Reporting Analysis, Capital Projects, Accounting and Purchasing, Campus Operations, Campus Security, Environmental Compliance and Hazardous Materials Office, Human Resources, and Physical Plant.
For more information on the services provided by and organizational structure of the Administration and Finance Component please refer to our service charter, service charter brochure, and organizational chart.
- Our mission is to facilitate the business and financial services of the University with internal and external customers; to provide support to students, faculty, and staff; and to develop, manage, deliver and enhance the administrative and financial services that enable the University to achieve its mission.
- Administration and Finance will provide accurate and timely financial information; be recognized as a partner in advancing the mission and vision of the University; enable the campus community to successfully fulfill its financial responsibilities; promote open communication and collaborative relationships with our customers; foster a supportive and caring environment; and respond and adapt to a changing financial environment.
Goals and Objectives
- Continuously improve the financial and facilities management services we provide to students, faculty, staff and external constituents.
- Seek the greatest advantages in the application of technology for budgeting, financial reporting, benefits administration, procurement, human resources, and professional development.
- Maintain a quality workforce and work environment.
- Ensure all capital development projects meet the goals of the University, are completed on time, within budget, and with high design and construction quality.
- Create and disseminate quality information for planning, budgeting, management and accountability.