”UVI has been the fertile soil that holds the hopes, dreams, and aspirations of Virgin Islands and Caribbean families. Development makes friends and partners for UVI so that those dreams can be made a reality.” - Dr. David Hall
Giving is said to be the highest level of living, and because of this the University strives to make it convenient for citizens of Virgin Islands to give back to the University to help enhance our economy.
How to Give
- Mail donations to the following address
Office of Institutional Advancement
University of the Virgin Islands
2 John Brewers Bay
St. Thomas, VI 00802-9990
- Donate Online
- Wire Transfers
- Visit the office of Institutional Advancement or the UVI Cashier.
- Contact us by calling (340)-693-1040
- Fax us at (340)-693-1049
- UVI's fundraising goal was to raise $3 million in cash, which is an increase approximately a 15 percent from last fiscal year.
- This alumni giving goal is 50 percent. The 50 percent alumni giving rate represents a record set during FY 2013, which places UVI as the Historically Black College and University with the highest rate and one of the highest rates of all institutions in the nation.
Donations to UVI's unrestricted fund contributes to areas of greatest needs.
In fiscal 2015, the University of the Virgin Islands Board of Trustees set the Annual Fundraising goal to 2.5 million dollars cash.
Area of Greatest Need
- School of Medicine
- Foundation for the University of the Virgin Islands
- Reichhold Foundation
New funds are in high demand to secure new development for both student and University advancement which helps the University to provide service to our growing economy.
Most Popular Funds
65 Acres in Land Donated to UVI
$30 Million Gift to Develop a UVI Medical School
USDA Grant to Support Solar Development at UVI
AT&T Funds UVI's Summer Bridge Program Expansion
Oson, VI Founder Challenges EDC Companies to Donate to UVI
There are many ways our Development staff works with our friends and partners to support the University.
- Annual Giving is - gifts made each year to support scholarships, programs, and activities.
- Major Gifts - Larger donors to raise restricted or unrestricted funds.
- Planned Giving - Offers individuals and families ways to include UVI in their estate planning.
- Corporate and Foundations Relations - Works with philanthropic organizations to support goals in the University.
- Special Events and Activities - Organizes events such as Afternoon on the Green, The Alfred O. Heath Lecture Series, President for a Day and many other fundraising events.
See how your support enriches the lives of students and the whole community in Philanthropy and You.
Institutional Advancement ∙ (340) 693-1040