Who is Responsible for Student Learning Outcomes Assessment at UVI? The Director, in collaboration with the Division Coordinators, oversees the production of summary reports of each Division's assessment of student learning (e.g. for re-accreditation and other such reporting). The Director of Student Learning Outcomes Assessment chairs CLASS. Currently, CLASS comprises the following members:
- Director of Student Learning Outcomes Assessment, Chairs
- Division Assessment Coordinators o General Education Assessment Coordinator
- Director of Counseling and Placement
- Representative from Office of Institutional Research
- Additional UVI faculty, administrators and students to be added soon.
Within each academic division, CLASS Division Coordinators will function as the links between the university-wide student learning outcomes assessment activities and their division's assessment planning and implementation processes. CLASS Division Coordinators work with their respective Division faculty members and Chairs to develop and implement the assessment of Division academic programs. Each Division Coordinator has the following responsibilities:
- Attend and actively participate in scheduled meetings of CLASS;
- Maintain a focus within the division on student learning and assessment;
- Promote, in collaboration with the division chair, discussions and monitor subsequent actions on the use of assessment data in facilitating student learning;
- Oversee the identification of courses to be assessed;
- Ensure that appropriate student learning growth plans are in place;
- Lead the development of assessment reports from the division for the Provost; and
- Submit reports on assessment, as required.