The Bridge between Academic Affairs and Information Technology
The CETL encourages and supports faculty and staff in the scholarship of teaching and learning by enhancing the quality of the teaching experience and the learning environment. The CETL promotes excellence in teaching and learner-centered environments by providing faculty with the resources and strategies to support, strengthen, and recognize high quality and innovative teaching.
The objectives of the CETL are:
- To provide leadership for faculty technology training;
- To provide support to build faculty expertise and enrich teaching and learning;
- Assess instructional technology needs;
- Introduce new techniques for integrating technology into the curriculum to enhance the learning experience and environment with innovative technologies;
- Develop training programs to build and measure faculty and staff technology competencies; and
- Advocate the appropriate use of technology in enhancing the teaching and learning.
The CETL facility includes a training area for 15 people and equipment for faculty use including desktop computers, printer, copier, webcams, clickers, laptops, and iPads. Faculty may request to loan any of the equipment by contacting the CETL. St. Croix faculty may contact the St. Croix library at 340-693-4130 or visit the library on the St. Croix Campus for assistance.
Student learning resources are also available at the CETL, which include libraries, collection development, course reserves, information literacy instruction, wireless network, and the mycampus portal community.
The CETL provides training and support for the myCampus portal, Blackboard Course Management System, AdvisorTrac/TutorTrac, Respondus LockDown Browser, Adobe Professional and Adobe Connect, Microsoft Outlook and Office 365, Publisher, PowerPoint, Videoconference and smart classroom technology, EMS room scheduling system, Clickers (personal response devices), Camtasia, Sloan Consortium, TLT Group Friday Live, Technology and Pedagogy and many others. The CETL has also partnered with Public Relations and The Center for Student Success to provide additional training on myUVI.net website personalization, Cascade Server (website content management system) and TutorTrac/AdvisorTrac.
To view upcoming training sessions and/or to register, please visit the CETL Home Page here
. You will be required to log in. For more information, please contact the office at 340-693-1609 or 340-693-1214 or via email at email@example.com.