- Program Description -
Youth Ocean Explorers is a 4 week, hands-on marine science program for middle to high school-aged students interested in studying coastal, marine & environmental science, natural resource management, and conservation. The program involves a combination of short presentations and lectures daily from UVI faculty, staff, and community partners along with field activities utilizing scientific tools to supplement those presentations. Participants report to the UVI Center for Marine & Environmental Studies but can expect to travel with staff to other on-island locations for field work and activities. Snorkel gear and other instructional materials are provided for student use during the program.
- Eligibility Criteria / Important Information -
- The Youth Ocean Explorers Summer Program is open to students in junior high to high school with an interest in marine biology / science (Grades 7-12).
- Three high school students will be selected to serve as peer mentors. Selected students will undergo a week of mentorship training prior to the start date of the summer program.
- The maximum capacity of the Youth Ocean Explorers Summer Program is 20 students (Not including interns/mentors).
- Complete the application for the Youth Ocean Explorers summer program. (Application link below / Step 1)
- Selected applicants will be notified once applications have been reviewed.
- The Youth Ocean Explorers 2016 Summer Program has concluded. Information about the 2017 Program will be updated shortly.
- Application Deadline -
The Youth Ocean Explorers 2016 Summer Program has concluded. Applications for the Youth Ocean Explorers 2017 Summer Program will be available in the late spring of 2017.
- Contact Us -
Office Phone: St. Thomas (340) 693-1672
E-mail: St. Thomas (email@example.com)
Check us out on Facebook
#2 John Brewers Bay
St. Thomas, USVI 00802