- Program Description -
Youth Ocean Explorers is a 4 week, hands-on marine science program for middle to high school-aged students interested in studying coastal, marine & environmental science, natural resource management, and conservation. The program involves a combination of short presentations and lectures from UVI faculty, staff, and community partners along with field activities utilizing scientific tools to supplement those presentations. Participants report to the UVI Center for Marine & Environmental Studies but can expect to travel with staff to other on-island locations for field work and activities. Snorkel gear and other instructional materials are provided for student use during the program.
- Eligibility Criteria / Important Information -
- Students in junior high to high school with an interest in marine biology.
- Complete the application for the Youth Ocean Explorers summer program. (Application link below / Step 1)
- Selected applicants (Maximum 16) will be notified once applications have been reviewed.
- Program begins July 11th, 2016 and ends on August 5th, 2016. Students will meet at UVI's Center for Marine and Environmental Studies at 8:00 AM and can be picked up at 4:00 PM.
- Lunch is provided.
- Cost: There is a one-time fee of $150 which is used to cover operational costs.
- There is a 10% DISCOUNT for local applicants. (E-mail a copy of your child's report card to firstname.lastname@example.org for verification)
- 4 FULL SCHOLARSHIPS will be provided. Click HERE for more details!
- Application Deadline -
The application deadline is June 30th, 2016. Below lists all materials pertinent to the application. Please ensure that you fill out all materials.
- Step 1: Complete the following APPLICATION.
- Step 2: Print and sign the RELEASE AND LIABILITY / INFORMED CONSENT form and either email to email@example.com or drop it off to UVI's Center for Marine and Environmental Studies.
- Step 3: Complete the Registration form and submit electronic payment. (Once applications have been reviewed selected applicants will be notified when payment can be accepted.)
- Contact Us -
Phone: St. Thomas (340) 693-1672
E-mail: St. Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Check us out on Facebook
#2 John Brewers Bay
St. Thomas, USVI 00802