Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of the Virgin Islands! Now that you have been admitted, please use this checklist to complete the necessary remaining steps.
- Submit the final high school transcript with graduation date (for applicable admitted freshman students) or an updated college transcript (for applicable admitted transfer students).
Freshman Placement Exam
- Incoming freshmen must take the English Composition and Mathematics placement exams for academic placement to the University of the Virgin Islands. Passing of these exams place you in college-level English Composition 120 or Mathematics 140 /Mathematics 143. These exams can only be taken once as an incoming freshman. For further information and samples guide for the English Composition and Mathematics tests, click on this link to see criteria that would exempt a student from the placement exam requirements, as well as for study guides of the English Composition and Mathematics tests. For information regarding the placement testing dates for the spring 2014, please click here.
- Download, complete, and submit the Enrollment Confirmation and Deposit Form
- The Enrollment Confirmation and Deposit Form and the non-refundable $100 (USD) enrollment deposit must be submitted in order to secure your place in the next incoming class. Note: Transfer credit evaluations will only be issued once this form has been received and the enrollment confirmation deposit has been paid. To access the Enrollment Confirmation and Deposit form, click here.
- Apply for financial aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure to provide the correct federal code so the UVI will receive your financial aid application information. The codes are
- 006989 - Albert A. Sheen Campus, St. Croix
- 003946 - St. Thomas Campus
- Download, complete, and submit the on-campus Student Housing Application
- The Student Housing Application and the $100 (USD) housing deposit must be submitted in order to live in an on-campus student residence facility. Note: A student housing assignment will only be made once this application has been received by the Student Housing Office and the housing deposit has been paid. To access the Student Housing Application, click here.
- Download, complete, and submit the Student Health Form
- The Student Health Form must be completed by a physician and submitted to UVI Student Health Services prior to your enrollment. To access the Student Health Form, click here.
- Look out for New Student Orientation information via email
- A New Student Orientation e-package will be sent from Student Affairs containing important dates and information specific to Orientation.