The graduate programs at the University of the Virgin Islands were developed to meet specific needs in the Territory and beyond. While each of the programs has its own mission, the overall aim of all the areas of graduate study is to provide a high-quality education for students to meet their professional and technical training needs. In some of the programs, research training includes activities directed toward the acquisition of new knowledge.
Candidates for master programs must:
- Submit an application form to the Admissions Office on the appropriate campus requesting admission to the Graduate Program by April 30th for Fall and October 30th for Spring admissions. However, the application deadline for the Master of Marine and Environmental Science program is March 1 of every year, or the next business day if the date falls on a weekend or holiday.
- Submit official transcript(s) of all previous college course work. (Transcript(s) must be forwarded by the institution(s) attended.)
- Submit Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores in accordance with the specific requirements for the respective program for the Business Administration, Public Administration, Education, Education Specialist in School Psychology, Mathematics for Secondary Teachers and Marine and Environmental Science programs. GMAT and GRE scores are retained for five testing years from the date scores are earned.
- Submit supporting documents to complete the application process by October 30 for the Spring semester and April 30 for the Fall semester. Applicants must complete the admission procedures according to schedule and may register for courses while the application process is pending.
- See University academic calendar for registration dates. See student classification section for registration restrictions.
- Please contact the Program Coordinator with questions concerning eligibility, prerequisites, and the application process.Test results older than five years are invalid. The UVI code (0879) should be used to so that the test scores will be sent directly to the Admissions Office.
More information is available in the UVI Graduate Bulletin.