Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of the Virgin Islands! Now that you have been admitted, please use this checklist to complete the necessary remaining steps.
- Download, complete, and submit the Enrollment Confirmation and Deposit Form
- The Enrollment Confirmation and Deposit Form and the non-refundable $100 (USD) enrollment deposit must be submitted in order to secure your place in the next incoming class. Note: Transfer credit evaluations will only be issued once this form has been received and the enrollment confirmation deposit has been paid. To access the Enrollment Confirmation and Deposit form, click here.
- Submit an updated college transcript (for applicable admitted transfer students).
- To access your MyCampus, online account go to mycampus.uvi.edu with your UVI Student Id (enclosed in your acknowledgement letter or admittance letter) and your default password, which is the first letter of your first name, first letter of your last name, and the last six digits of your student id number. Once logged in you will have access to the MyCampus (university portal) that allows you to check your UVI email, access Banweb (to view your academic and financial information), and receive important UVI announcements. If you encounter problems with your login, contact UVI's IT Helpdesk at (340) 693-1466 or by email at email@example.com
- Download and read the UVI International Student Manual
- The UVI International Student Manual provides valuable customs, enrollment, and financial information specifically for non-US students.
- Download, complete, and submit the Certificate of Finances Form
- International students are required by US federal regulations to demonstrate the ability to pay for at least the first year of academic study. The Certificate of Finances Form, found within the UVI International Student Manual, should be supplemented with an official bank letter stating $34,000 (USD) is available for Academic Year 2015-2016 expenses. Photocopies, faxed, or scanned copies will not be accepted. Personal bank account statements will not be accepted, as well. The I-20 Immigration Form will not be issued until a Certification of Finances Form has been received for review. Please submit the Certificate of Finances Form 4-6 weeks in advance of the start of your initial enrollment term. To access the International Student Manual, click here.
- Documentation of financial support must be submitted along with the Certificate of Finance form to verify the availability of funds for at least the first year of study; and projected support for the remainder of the degree program. Documentation should include an official letter from the bank or lending institution, to confirm availability of funds. Once the following is completed, documentation will be provided to assist you in completing the I-901 process. Please note: There is a charge for the I-901 processing. To receive information and pay the I-901 fee, you may click here. You will not be able to get an appointment for the interview at the nearest U.S. embassy if the I-901 processing is not completed. It is required that "F-1" students pursue a full-time course of study, the equivalent of 12 undergraduate credits per semester. Failure to do so will render the student in violation of their F-1 visa status. You may not attend the University full-time on a B-2 visa.
For entry into the US, the signed I-20, a valid Passport/Visa, and the I-901 fee receipt are required!
- Freshmen Placement Exam
Incoming freshmen must take the English Composition and Mathematics placement exams for academic placement to the University of the Virgin Islands. Passing of these exams place you in college-level English Composition 120 or Mathematics 140 /Mathematics 143. These exams can only be taken once as an incoming freshman. For further information and samples guide for the English Composition and Mathematics tests, click on this link
to see criteria that would exempt a student from the placement exam requirements, as well as for study guides of the English Composition and Mathematics tests. For information regarding the placement testing dates for the fall 2015, please click here
- Download, complete, and submit the on-campus Student Housing Application
- The Student Housing Application and the $100 (USD) housing deposit must be submitted in order to live in an on-campus student residence facility. Note: A student housing assignment will only be made once this application has been received by the Student Housing Office and the housing deposit has been paid. To access the Student Housing Application, click here. Student Housing inquiries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on the Albert A. Sheen campus (St. Croix) at (340) 692-4194 or the St. Thomas Campus at (340) 693-1110.
- Download, complete, and submit the Student Health Form
- The Student Health Form must be completed by a physician and submitted to UVI Student Health Services prior to your enrollment. To access the Student Health Form, click here. Inquiries about Health Services, email Director Maritza Belardo-DeCosta at email@example.com on the Albert A. Sheen campus (St. Croix) at (340) 692-4214 or Nurse Ronda Herbert, RN at firstname.lastname@example.org on the St. Thomas Campus (340) 693-1124.
- Look out for New Student Orientation information via email
- A New Student Orientation e-package will be sent from Student Affairs containing important dates and information specific to Orientation. To view the Orientation Schedule, click here.