Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of the Virgin Islands! Now that you have been admitted, please use this checklist to complete the necessary remaining steps.
- Submit an updated college transcript (for applicable admitted transfer students).
- Freshmen Placement Exam
Incoming freshmen must take the English Composition and Mathematics placement exams for academic placement to the University of the Virgin Islands. Passing of these exams place you in college-level English Composition 120 or Mathematics 140 /Mathematics 143. These exams can only be taken once as an incoming freshman. For further information and samples guide for the English Composition and Mathematics tests, click on this link
to see criteria that would exempt a student from the placement exam requirements, as well as for study guides of the English Composition and Mathematics tests. For information regarding the placement testing dates for the spring 2014, please click here
- Download and read the UVI International Student Manual
- The UVI International Student Manual provides valuable customs, enrollment, and financial information specifically for non-US students.
- Download, complete, and submit the Certificate of Finances Form
- International students are required by US federal regulations to demonstrate the ability to pay for at least the first year of academic study. The Certificate of Finances Form, found within the UVI International Student Manual, should be supplemented with an official bank letter stating $32,000 (USD) is available for Academic Year 2013-2014 expenses. Photocopies, faxed, or scanned copies will not be accepted. Personal bank account statements will not be accepted, as well. The I-20 Immigration Form will not be issued until a Certification of Finances Form has been received for review. Please submit the Certificate of Finances Form 4-6 weeks in advance of the start of your initial enrollment term. To access the International Student Manual, click here.
- For entry into the US, the signed I-20, a valid Passport/Visa, and the I-901 fee receipt are required!
- Download, complete, and submit the Enrollment Confirmation and Deposit Form
- The Enrollment Confirmation and Deposit Form and the non-refundable $100 (USD) enrollment deposit must be submitted in order to secure your place in the next incoming class. Note: Transfer credit evaluations will only be issued once this form has been received and the enrollment confirmation deposit has been paid. To access the Enrollment Confirmation and Deposit form, click here.
- Download, complete, and submit the on-campus Student Housing Application
- The Student Housing Application and the $100 (USD) housing deposit must be submitted in order to live in an on-campus student residence facility. Note: A student housing assignment will only be made once this application has been received by the Student Housing Office and the housing deposit has been paid. To access the Student Housing Application, click here.
- Download, complete, and submit the Student Health Form
- The Student Health Form must be completed by a physician and submitted to UVI Student Health Services prior to your enrollment. To access the Student Health Form, click here.
- Look out for New Student Orientation information via email
- A New Student Orientation e-package will be sent from Student Affairs containing important dates and information specific to Orientation.