Spring 2014 Commencement Information:
- Saturday, May 17, 2014 on the St. Thomas Campus
- Sunday, May 18, 2014 on the Albert A. Sheen Campus, St. Croix
There are two graduation periods - December and May, but only one commencement ceremony on each campus.
- October 28, 2013 for December graduates
- March 14, 2014 for May graduates
How to Apply:
- Students must apply online via mycampus.uvi.edu .
- No paper applications will be accepted.
- A non-refundable fee of $75.00 (this fee includes the diploma, cap and gown) is charged each candidate. Students receiving an additional degree will pay $25.00 for each. It is payable at the time of your online application submission. If the requirements for the degree are not completed, the student must re-apply and pay the graduation fee the next semester he or she becomes a candidate for a degree.
- Diplomas will be distributed during Commencement as you cross the stage.
Caps & Gowns:
- Measurements for cap and gown will be taken at the bookstore from February 1, 2014 - March 14, 2014. Also, you may order your organization kente stole from the bookstore, if available.
- Only students who have met all graduation requirements can participate in the Commencement Ceremony. All undergraduate students must have completed all required classes in their major with a minimum grade of (C) and a cumulative 2.00 GPA.
- All graduate students must have completed all required classes in their major with a minimum grade of (B) and a cumulative 3.00 GPA. As a graduate student you are allowed the maximum of two (C) grades.
- Rehearsal is mandatory!
- Prospective graduates will be notified via email and USPS. Please check your UVI email account (ex. Jane.Smith@students.uvi.edu) and update your mailing address on Banweb.
- The Commencement Committee Chair will provide additional information via your UVI email address.
- For more information, please call the Registrar's Office at (340) 693-1160 or the Associate Registrar at (340) 692-4103.