The Post-9/11 GI Bill program is comprised of multiple payments.
Tuition & Fees
- Your tuition & fees directly to the school.
Monthly Housing Allowance
- Your Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) is generally the same as the military Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) for an E-5 with dependents. Your MHA is based on the ZIP code for your school.
- A yearly books and supplies stipend of up to $1000 paid proportionately based on enrollment.
- You need to verify your attendance every month before payment is issued if you are attending an Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) or Non-College Degree (NCD) program and are receiving one of the following:
- Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty
- Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program - REAP
- Veterans Retraining Assistance Program - VRAP
- To verify your enrollment online go to https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) . You can also call 1-877 VA-ECERT (1-877-823-2378) to verify by telephone. You do not need to verify your attendance if you are attending an IHL or NCD program and receiving the Post-9/11 GI Bill.