Travel to St. Croix:
- Please fly to St. Croix. US Virgin Islands, Airport code: STX.
- St. Croix is served by American Airlines with daily direct flights from Miami.
- American Eagle provides connecting service through San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU).
- Other US and International carriers use the San Juan, Puerto Rico airport (SJU) as a hub and connect to St. Croix with commuter shuttle airlines.
Hotels and lodging:
- Hotel lodging information is available through the St. Croix Hotel Association
- 1-800-524-2026 and other tourism related websites.
- The following information is provided as a service to participants attending the course. It is not inclusive of all accommodations available on St. Croix.
- Hotels closest to UVI campus
- Condominiums with full kitchen facilities.
- Hotels in Christiansted are close to the taxi stops and course participants would not need a car rental.
- Hotels in Frederiksted require car rental
- The university cafeteria serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, prices vary from $10-$15 per plate.
- Christiansted and Frederiksted each have a number of budget and high quality restaurants.
- On your arrival, taxi service is available from the airport to your hotel (price varies).
- Public Taxi vans and public busses travel from Frederiksted to Christiansted throughout the day and have pick-up points at the campus entrance.
- public taxi - $2.50 per trip,
- public bus - $1.00 per trip, scheduled departures
- Cars can be rented from Avis, Hertz and Budget or other local agencies for travel around the island.
We drive on the LEFT