Social Research Institute
Conservation data Center
- Compiles, analyzes and disseminates natural resource and socioeconomic data.
- Provides training in GIS (Geographic Information System).
- Identifies and evaluates threats to natural areas in the Virgin Islands, and provides the tools for decision makers to address these threats.
- Maintains geographic databases on digital photographic imagery, natural marine communities and terrestrial vegetation types.
- Generates maps based on Virgin Islands census data at the district, sub-district, tract, block group and block level.