The 15th Annual ‘Islands In Between” Conference, celebrating the cultures of Caribbean islands, will be hosted Nov. 8-10, 2012, at the University of the Virgin Islands on St. Thomas.
The conference is being organized by the University of Puerto Rico - Río Piedras, the University of the West Indies at Cave Hill, Barbados, the University of the Virgin Islands and the Per Ankh Institute of the Virgin Islands.
Papers on the following subjects are being sought:
- Language, literature, culture and education in the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Eastern Caribbean drama, poetry and fiction
- Language and culture, identity and/or gender in the Eastern Caribbean
- Creole linguistics and the Creolization of languages and cultures in the Eastern Caribbean
- Art and popular culture of the Eastern Caribbean
- Eastern Caribbean carnivals and other performance traditions
- Culture and politics, culture and economics in the Eastern Caribbean
An early deadline for abstracts and proposals is June 15, with a final deadline of Aug. 15. Submissions or enquiries should be sent to the Puerto Rico Conference Organizing Committee members Dannabang Kuwabong and Nicholas Faraclas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information regarding the conference will soon be available on the Islands In Between Web Page – http://humanidades.uprrp.edu/ingles/students/resources/islandsinbetween.htm.