Academic Advising Early Alert Form
Our friendly and professional staff work with faculty in the Colleges and Schools to provide academic advisement to students. This team approach ensures that students receive timely assistance to become members of our higher education community and progress toward graduation with their peers. Our advisement model helps our students think critically about their roles and responsibilities, and to prepare to become educated citizens of a democratic society and a global community.
—What can an Advisor do for YOU?
—They can Help You:
◦Figure out Necessary Classes
◦Locate Your Faculty Advisor
◦With Financial Aid & Other Topics
—Where can YOU find them?
◦STX Campus: EVC 701
◦STT Campus: CAB 101 & SFC second floor
Academic Counselling and Planning
We collaborate with the Department of Student Affairs to provide counselling that enhances student engagement in the learning process. From time to time, life situations may cause significant challenges for students; Our staff and those from Student Affairs help students through these difficult times with wise counselling.
Career Services Referral
Our staff help students in making career- related decisions.
We work with students who:
- Have career goals but need help in putting them into action.
- Want to find an internship or student employment
- Need career direction
Other direct services include:
- Freshman Registration
- Freshman Year Program and Learning Communities
- Test Proctoring
- Peer Tutorials and Supplemental Instruction
- Writing Center Services
- Math and Science Services
- Computer Labs with Online Mathematics Tutorial Programs
- Equipment Loan Services (laptops, projectors, calculators)
- Helping students resolve complaints