Employment Opportunity Details
|Location:||St. Croix. St. Thomas. |
|Expiration:||Jan 25, 2013|
Job Description: The University of the Virgin Islands is seeking upper-level undergraduates and graduate students who are interested and qualified to tutor students in the areas of Math and English.
- Has obtained a B+ or above in English and Math courses.
- Already taken and passed PRAXIS II (in subject area in which tutoring will occur)
- Demonstrates a disposition for teaching adults
- Has an understanding of test taking skills
- Would be willing to take a minimum of 6 hours of training for tutoring
- Would be willing to accommodate a flexible schedule
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a cover letter, current resume and an unofficial transcript to the Office of Student Employment Evans Center Room 720 on the St. Croix campus and Rouppe House on the St. Thomas campus. The subject line should read UVI Student English/Math Tutorial Position .