USC DIVERSITY IN HEALTHCARE
2013 Summer Enrichment Program
Student Fact Sheet
What is the Summer Enrichment Program?
The Summer Enrichment Program (SEP) is designed to increase awareness of health care management as a career and is offered in both Sacramento and Los Angeles.
On campus presentations featuring
- Faculty, alumni, health care leaders
- Projects and presentations to stimulate learning and build supportive relationships
- Information on a variety of career options in health care management
- Visits to health care organizations serving diverse and/or underrepresented communities and/or led by executives of color
- Community service volunteers for a day
Post-SEP Mentoring and Application Support
- Informational counseling and mentoring
- Maintain contact and communication
- Guidance about applying to graduate school
What is the Purpose?
To provide students with the opportunity to learn more about the major issues, skills, and responsibilities involved in health care management. The program will enhance students' knowledge and understanding of the field and therefore, better position them to pursue a career in health care management.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by May 31, 2013 in order to be considered for review. The Selection Committee will only review and evaluate complete applications!
Contact: LaVonna Blair Lewis, Phd, MPH, Teaching Professor
Program Dates: Sacramento July 15, 16, 2013 & July 22, 23, 2013
Los Angeles: July 29 - August 1, 2013