We offer a variety of research, enrichment, and outreach programs to promote STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) & psychology excellence.
Fellowship Program for Graduate Students:
Scholarship and Research Programs for Undergraduate Students:
- NSF HBCU-UP Research Scholars - Scholarships and stipends for (on-island and off-island) student research experiences in all Science and Mathematics fields.
- NIH MARC Research Trainee Program - Seminars, mentoring, scholarships, research stipends, and funding for off-island research experiences for students interested in earning a Ph.D. in Biomedicine, Psychology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Marine Biology, and Physics.
- NIH MBRS-RISE Research Scholars - Seminars and mentoring for students interested in careers in Biomedicine including Biology, Psychology, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, and Marine Biology.
Summer Research Programs for Undergraduate Students:
Summer Programs for High School Students & New Freshmen:
- NSF HBCU-UP Mathematics Behind the Science summer bridge program - Six-week freshnmencourse preparation to enter calculus and provide a foundation for success in other studies. (This program was formally known as the SB2C Program.)
- NIH MARC Math Honors Workshop (MHW) - half day workshop for 2-weeks to help students gain confidence in tackling new problems, thus moving from a level of “knowledge and comprehension” to a level of “application and analysis.” This program will strengthen the student’s ability to succeed in a strongly quantitative science curriculum.
- Intellect to STEM (ITS) Summer Enrichment Institute - Students experience hands-on activities that are performed by engineers and other scientists and provide a high level of excitement throughout the two-week program. Instruction focuses on two main activities: NetLogo and Robotics.