The UVI St. Thomas campus Health Service Center is located across from the Bookstore, upstairs the student laundry. The hours of operation vary from time to time, however usual hours of operation are:
- Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m
- For physician hours and to make an appointment please call (340) 693-1124
- Closed weekends and holidays
- On call services available in cases of emergencies
The health service staff consists of a full-time registered nurse and a licensed physician:
Registered Nurse Services:
- First aids for all injuries and illnesses
- Health counseling and instruction
- Referral to community health facilities and services
- Health education
Registered nurse, Ronda Herbert can be reached by calling (340) 693-1124 or emailing
email@example.com. Part-time registered nurses are on staff; they cover evening shifts and assist the full-time nurse will all the above duties.
- Diagnose illnesses and injuries and provide treatment.
- Provide counseling and instruction on all types of health problems.
- Provide on campus treatment for the University community including writing of prescriptions
- Refer students/staff and faculty with more complex problems to other health care facilities.