The mission of the Office of the Campus Executive Administrator is to promote and facilitate student learning, development and academic success through the delivery of high quality programs and services in support of the educational mission of the University and its commitment to providing quality teaching, excellent career preparation and good value.
The CEA component accomplishes this mission by:
- Creating and maintaining a learning environment that is safe, caring, supportive, and welcoming for all members of the community.
- Promoting an understanding and appreciation of diversity and multiculturalism as informed and active members of a global society.
- Supporting a university environment that encourages students’ intellectual inquiry, creative expression, responsible decision-making, ethical awareness and personal integrity.
- Offering services, programs and activities that promote the intellectual, cultural, spiritual, physical and social development of students while helping them to clarify their personal values, develop identity, and acquire skills and competencies in leadership, effective communication, teamwork and conflict resolution needed to be successful in their chosen careers and life.
- Providing opportunities for students to apply the knowledge acquired in both curricular and co-curricular settings through participation in experiential learning experiences including college work-study positions, volunteer activities, service learning, leadership roles in clubs and organizations, institutional governance, internships and professional employment opportunities.
- Sponsoring a broad range of programs, events and activities that enhance the quality of campus life, promote school spirit and build a strong sense of community among students, faculty and staff.
Serving as advocates for students assuring that the interests of students are served in strategic aspects of university operations including planning and budgeting, policy development, facilities management and development, and delivery of programs and services.