ROLE OF MISS UVI
The primary role of Miss UVI is to serve as a good will ambassador for the University of the Virgin Islands. During her year of reign it is expected that she will:
• Participate in official University events including UVI's recruitment efforts
• Have high visibility on both campuses (St. Thomas and St. Croix)
• Participate in the U.S.V.I carnival activities and other community events.
• Be visible in the V.I. Community.
• Represent the University oversees, if funding is available.
The University of the Virgin Islands offers a Full Tuition, Room and Board Educational Scholarship for the Spring and Fall Semesters.
Note also that the Queen Selection Committee also offer prizes and special awards to contestants. Some of the awards may include Miss Photogenic, Miss Intellect, Best Ambassadorial Presentation, Best Talent, and Best Evening Wear.
* Must be a matriculated female.
* Must have 2.50 GPA or better.
* Must have completed 12.5 credits.
* Must not be on social or academic probation.
The contestant crowned Miss UVI will:
1. Participate in official University events.
2. Participate in the USVI Carnival activities and other community events.
3. Represent the University overseas, if funding is available.
The University of the Virgin Islands shall provide and Miss UVI shall receive:
1. Waiver of tuition for one (1) academic year (Excluding Summer)
2. Waiver of room and board.
Miss UVI will loose her title under the following circumstances:
* Official resignation
* Academic, disciplinary and/or social probation
* Withdrawal or dismissal
* Pregnancy or marriage
* Conviction of criminal offenses
* Behavior that is not in accordance with the University’s Code of Student Conduct
Miss UVI will transmit in writing via the Miss UVI request form, all requests for the presence of Miss UVI at functions, workshops, meetings or activities as well as requests for use of the crown to the Student Activities Supervisor.
Miss UVI’s reign will begin on the date signed on the contract and terminate on the date of the next competition or the end of the Spring term, if there is no competition.