You are eligible to apply if you:
- are attending one of the high schools in the U.S. Virgin Island.
- are from a low-income family, as determined by the guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Education.
- are a potential first-generation college student. (Neither parent has obtained a Bachelor’s or higher degree.)
- have completed the 8th grade but have not yet entered the 11th grade.
- have and maintain a minimum 2.0 or above Grade Point Average.
- are enrolled in or agree to enroll in academic, vocational and college preparatory courses at your school.
- have good behavior and attendance record at school.
How to Apply
Applications for Upward Bound are accepted year-round, on a first-come, first-served basis.
To be considered for the Upward Bound Program you must submit the following:
- A completed Upward Bound Application
- Your parents' or guardian's most recent 1040 or 1040A Income Tax Return
- A letter of recommendation from your high school counselor or your math, science, or English teacher
- Your most recent high school transcript or report card.
You will be invited to come for a personal Upward Bound interview with your parents or guardian to discuss your participation in the program.