Vision & Mission...
The Vision... is to promote standards of excellence in education for the students and the societies that it serves... >>> read more
The Mission... is to dedicate iteslf to the success of all students thorugh its excellent teaching and to... >>> read more
The Philosophy... which dates back to 1982 ... states that the institution is learner-centered and... >>> read more
Part of the original UVI mission is to prepare teachers who are proficient both academically and professionally. The School of Education offers:
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education
- Social Studies
The Elementary Education program provides a solid base for graduate study consisting of a broad preparation in the liberal arts with concentrated study in one selected area and professional preparation – including field experiences – for highly effective teaching in multi-cultural settings.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Inclusive Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary Preparation
- Associate of Arts degree in Inclusive Early Childhood Education
- Master of Arts degree in Education
- Teaching concentration
- Educational Leadership concentration
- Counseling and Guidance concentration
The 36-credit Master of Arts in Education degree provides core study for all students and a choice of concentration (15 credits) from among Teaching, Educational Leadership, and Guidance and Counseling.
- Master of Arts degree in Mathematics for Secondary Teachers – MMAT
The Master of Arts degree in Mathematics provides to teachers of mathematics at the secondary level, or to prospective teachers with an undergraduate degree in Mathematics, an opportunity to deepen and broaden their knowledge of mathematics and relate their study of mathematics to pedagogical issues and methods specifically concerned with secondary mathematics learning.
Details are available in the College of Science and Mathematics section at this link: MMAT.
Call the School of Education at (340) 693-1320 on St. Thomas or (340) 692-4150 on St. Croix.