Spotlight News Article
Free Concert Series by UVI Music Camp Students Opens on Emancipation Day
Friday, June 29, 2012
Students participating in UVI’s annual Summer Music Camp will perform six free concerts in July and August on St. Thomas. The concerts – which are open to the public – will be held from 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., primarily on Wednesdays in Emancipation Garden. A special, Emancipation Day/pre-Fourth of July concert will be held from 10:30 a.m. to noon on Tuesday, July 3.
The camp, under the direction of UVI Music Professor Austin A. Venzen, has drawn students from junior and senior high schools on St. Thomas and Anguilla. Prof. Venzen encourages members of the community to show support for the budding musicians and to be treated to wonderful music by attending the free concerts.
Free Emancipation Garden Concert Series schedule:
- Tuesday, July 3 – 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Emancipation Day Concert
- Wednesday, July 11 – 11a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 18 – 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 25 – 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Thursday, July 26 – Special Concert – time/venue to be announced
- Wednesday, Aug. 1 – 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.