- Full-time undergraduate students with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better and have at least 24 degree credits at the time of application or at the completion of the term prior to the exchange.
- Students who demonstrate the capacity to meet all financial obligations prior to departure.
- Students who are in good standing (academic and personal).
- Students are encouraged to apply during their sophomore year to participate in the NSE program in their junior year.
- Students must be recommended by the NSE Selection Committee via successful completion of the interview process.
Note: Freshman may apply during their second semester to participate in the Program during their sophomore year.
What is the length of Exchange?
Students can participate in the program for one semester or a full academic year. A student can exchange to one school for one semester and to a second institution for another term.
What is the Cost?
- Students may select between two tuition/fee payment plans: Plan A or Plan B.
- On Plan A, tuition/fees are assessed at the in-state (resident) rate of the "host" campus.
- On Plan B, tuition/fees are paid to UVI.
- Room and board must be paid to the host institution
- $150 non-refundable application fee
How does Financial Aid Work?
With some exceptions, financial aid for eligible students is applied for, awarded by, and disbursed from the campus at which tuition/fees are paid.
What is my status while on exchange?
NSE students are NOT transfer students. They are still UVI students while enrolled at the host campus. They are subject to the rules and regulations of both institutions.
Where to Apply? Applications for the National Student Exchange program can be obtained through Counseling Services, a Division of Student Affairs, on both campuses, and from this direct link - NSE Application Form.
Interested individuals may obtain more information on the NSE program by contacting:
Albert A. Sheen Campus on St. Croix:
St. Thomas Campus: