College of Science & Mathematics
Department of Biological Sciences
Minor in Environmental Science
Brief introduction and Summary of the Environmental Science Minor
The Environmental Science minor is an interdisciplinary minor, incorporating courses from a variety of UVI’s colleges and schools and making the minor accessible to students in most of the University’s degree programs.
- Career Options & Pathways:
- Students graduating with an Environmental Science minor will be prepared for a wide-range
of career options, including jobs with:
- Government (e.g., National Park Service, USVI Department of Natural Resources)
- Environmental non-profit organizations (e.g., The Nature Conservancy, The Ocean Conservancy)
- Private, for-profit entities (firms that conduct environmental impact studies)
- Higher education degree programs (e.g., Masters and Ph.D. programs)
- Students graduating with an Environmental Science minor will be prepared for a wide-range of career options, including jobs with:
- Other advising information:
- ENV 3XX must be taken on the St. Thomas campus.
|Introduction to Geographic information Systems
|Introduction to Environmental Science & Policy
|Topics in Environmental Science
|Introductory Statistics with Applications
|Two elective classes, chosen from the list in the catalog.
- Students must complete the 18-30 credits above with a grade C or higher.
For More Information Contact
|Sandra Romano, Ph.D.
|Michelle Peterson, Ph.D.
|Administrative Assistant STX
|Administrative Specialist STT