A candidate for admission to the University of the Virgin Islands must:
- Have earned a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED).
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 at previously attended institutions (transfer students).
- Be in good academic and social standing (transfer students).
The University recognizes home-schooled students whose programs are certified and
approved by their state, as required. Home school programs may also be recognized
by national accrediting bodies, such as the American Council on Education (ACE), the
United States Department of Education (USDOE), or the Council for Higher Education
Accreditation (CHEA). The University also recognizes non-traditional education experiences,
including distance education, online courses, and alternative schooling programs approved
by nationally or internationally recognized certifying entities. Such entities include
American Counsel and Education (ACE), the U.S.Department of Education (USDOE), Counsel for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or institutions officially recognized within their national systems. Credentials,
official transcripts, or their equivalent must be provided as evidence of successful
completion and academic preparation. Some applicants may be asked to submit additional
information, including syllabi, recommendations, and course descriptions, especially
if seeking transfer credit.
To complete the admission process, a student must submit high school and/or college transcripts. UVI uses a rolling admission system. Students ordinarily receive decision about their application soon after their folders are complete.
- Online Application for New Freshmen
- Online Application for New Transfer
- Early Admissions Program
- International Student Admission
- Admitted International Applicant Checklist
- New Freshmen Admission
- Admitted Freshman and Transfer Student Checklist
- Non-Matriculated Student Enrollment
- Transfer Admission
- Senior Citizen Education Program
- Registration Information for Veterans
- Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) Information
- Enrollment Confirmation and Deposit Form