Welcome to the Office of the Provost!
The Provost serves as the Chief Academic Officer, and, as such, has a place on the President's cabinet. The Provost has oversight of the five Colleges and Schools: College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, College of Science and Mathematics, School of Business, School of Education, and School of Nursing. Also under the oversight of the Provost are the Access & Enrollment Services unit, Research and Public Service unit, Student Affairs, Global and Graduate Education, Athletics, the WOW Campaign and the Center for Community Engagement and Lifelong Learning (CELL).
There are also many special initiatives, activities and projects that are managed through the Office of the Provost:
- The Honors Program;
- The P-16 Collaborative, a joint initiative with the Virgin Islands Department of Education, launched to address issues germane to education in the Virgin Islands from Pre-Kindergarten through the undergraduate year, with special focus on transition areas, and topics that affect the University and the K-12 system.
- The Center for Student Success;
- Student Learning Outcomes Assessment;
- Summer Programs and Special Sessions;
- The Caribbean Exploratory Research Center (CERC), funded by the National Institutes of Health;
- The Virgin Islands University Center for Excellence on Developmental Disabilities (VIUCEDD).
Deans of the Colleges and Schools, Directors of the various programs, and other administrators comprise the Provost's administrative team. Together they work to ensure that strategic goals focusing on academic quality and excellence, student development and student success, and community engagement and globalization are achieved.
The Provost has offices on the Albert A. Sheen Campus telephone number 692-4107 St. Croix, and the St. Thomas campus telephone number 693-1200.