National Library Week is April 3-9, 2022, and the Libraries at the University of the Virgin Islands (UVI) will join libraries across the country in celebrating their contributions and promoting library use and support.
This year’s theme, "Connect with your Library,” recognizes the innovative strategies libraries and library workers have employed to adapt resources and services to meet their communities’ needs during challenging times.
“As a community and a nation, we have persevered through an extremely difficult period of history, and all of us at UVI Libraries are ready to celebrate not only what we have accomplished, but also what we will contribute to our University and our communities in the months ahead,” said Nicole Hatfield, UVI Library manager, who invited all members of the UVI community to join in recognizing the essential role libraries play in building and supporting strong communities.
Activities planned to commemorate the annual event include:
- Monday, April 4: Get a team together to win a $75 Visa Gift card in the Library Scavenger Hunt
- Tuesday, April 5: Honor library staff for National Library Workers’ Day
- Wednesday, April 6: Gather in the UVI Libraries for a special Wake Up Wednesday with light refreshments and readings of former UVI faculty Hilda Joyce’s materials
- Thursday, April 7: Bring your Nintendo Switch and compete for a $100 Visa gift card in a Super Smash Brothers competition
- Friday, April 8: Connect with UVI librarians to learn more about UVI library resources available to the VI community
More information is available in a news release on the Media Section of the UVI Website-www.uvi.edu/ - and from this link.