Website Shared Governance
This website utilizes modern layout, responsive design, ISO/IEC 40500:2012 and WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards, enhanced content, improved navigation, social media and multimedia integration, electronic submission forms, Cascade Server content management system and Spectate web marketing tools. The site includes 10 customized audience gateways (prospective students, current students, prospective employees, current employees, media, partners and donors, parents and families, alumni, educators and guidance counselors, and lifelong learners) highlighting events, announcements, news releases, featured stories, and documents for each audience group. UVI A to Z, the Google-based document and image search tool, header and footer links are frequently used as key navigation elements.
Goals & Objectives
Quick Reference Links
With UVI Administration, the Website Committee plans, organizes and oversees overall content, layout, design and functionality of the UVI website. Using decentralized website management, each department/unit is responsible for the information presented in their website section.
- Caroline Polydore Simon , Microsite Representative
- Ayesha Williams , Information Technology & Assessment Services Representative
- Donald Bailey , Research and Public Service Representative
- Irene Ramos , Access and Enrollment Services Representative
- Tiyana Walters , Access and Enrollment Services Representative
- Kenny Hendrickson , Faculty Representative
- Ryan Moron, Webmaster
- Tamika Thomas Williams , Website Committee Chair
- Patricia Towal , Student Affairs Representative
- Lois Rivera , Institutional Advancement Representative
- Thalia Rodrigues, Student Representative
- (vacant position), Administration & Finance Representative
The webmaster trains content contributors, manages the content management system, chairs the Website Committee, analyzes website traffic and ensures website branding compliance. In addition, the webmaster's responsibilities include working in close collaboration with UVI administrators, faculty and staff to upgrade web pages and sections on a timely basis and to design and produce additional University web pages or sections, as needed.
Our servers automatically recognize the domain and IP address from which you accessed the website, and we record related information that helps us make our site more accessible, such as information about operating systems, screen resolutions and the volume and timing of access. This information does not result in the identification of your personal e-mail address or any other personal information.
There are many websites within the uvi.edu domain. This policy relates to those website's on which UVI conducts its official business. Because we encourage the development and deployment of technology in an environment of academic freedom, we cannot ensure that all websites within the uvi.edu domain are in strict compliance with this policy at all times. Click to learn more about UVI's website policy.