The University of the Virgin Islands will commemorate National Voter Registration Day on Tuesday, Sept. 19, with a voter registration drive from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the UVI Café on the Orville E. Kean Campus on St. Thomas.
UVI students, staff and the wider community are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity.
Requirements to be a registered voter in the Virgin Islands, include:
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be eighteen years of age or turn 18 before the next election
- Must meet the residency requirement
- Not have been adjudged mentally incompetent as to your ability to vote by a court of competent jurisdiction
- Not be registered elsewhere – in any other State or Territory of the United States or in any foreign country or any other election district
Documents required for registration are:
- U.S. or V.I. Birth Certificate or
- Passport (United States) or
- Military Discharge form (DD214) or
- Naturalization Certificate
The League of Women Voters of the Virgin Islands is working with the Office of Student Affairs and Election System of the Virgin Islanders to coordinate this event.
For more information, please contact Jelani Smalls at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (340) 693-1111.