The ECS Honors Fund was created to support our mission to increase research training and promote excellence for all undergraduate STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) students by offering scholarships, research experiences, mentoring, and supplemental instruction to St. Thomas or St. Croix pursuing STEM careers. Established in September of 2008, the ECS Honors Fund is a repository for donations to the University that help us fund unmet needs. This could include:
- Stipend for a student during the academic year
- Stipend for a student research experience during the summer
- Travel to research site, if needed
- Travel to a scientific conference to report work
- Equipment and materials to support student research
- Support for student workshops and training
Our vision is for this fund to also be used to support community science experiences
such as StarLab events, Robotics Workshops, special topic summer courses, or any experiences
that enhance understanding of science and technology in the community.
*Student eligibility for this fund will not be restricted by citizenship or part-time
or full-time status at the university.
We're interested in attracting and retaining more student talent by funding exemplary students and enrichment activities. Alumni and community donations are welcome! When making a donation to support these types of initiatives, please indicate "ECS Honors Fund" as the restricted gift type.