College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
Social Sciences Department
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
To be admitted into the Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice program, a student:
- Must have achieved a cumulative GPA of 2.33 or higher following the completion of 52 credits of which 30 credit hours must have been taken at UVI;
- must have earned a grade of C+ or better in CJU 110;
- must have completed an application;
- must have completed a pre-admission interview.
Students pursuing an BS in Criminal Justice are required to earn a minimum grade of C in all required courses in criminal justice, except for CJU 250 Criminal Justice Internship in which students must earn a minimum grade of B.
Students declaring this major must meet the following requirements before taking any CJU courses:
- (a) completion of WAC and RAC, or, received a passing grade on the placement exam(s) for entrance into ENG 120;
- (b) completion of MAT 023 and MAT 024 or received a passing grade on the placement exam(s) for entrance into MAT 140, MAT 143 or MAT 153.