- an opportunity to advance and broaden their knowledge of mathematics
- an opportunity to relate their study of mathematics to pedagogical issues
- an understanding of, and appreciation for, practices that impact the teaching and learning of secondary school mathematics.
Graduates of the program will be highly qualified as mathematics teachers at the secondary level and well prepared to assume roles in professional leadership in their field.
The Master of Arts in Mathematics for Secondary Teachers is a highly specialized professional degree which prepares its graduates for jobs as:
- High school teaching
- Mathematics coordination
- Instruction at the college or university level
- Department Chair
- Curriculum planning
- Mathematics Education Consultants
Many additional related fields may apply.
The Master of Arts in Mathematics for Secondary Teachers (MMAT) program is designed to advance and deepen the knowledge of teachers, as well as to train these educators to be highly qualified mathematics teachers at the secondary level. The courses may be taken on either of the two campuses and are normally taught by video conferencing since students are commonly on both campuses. It is important to note that the program is taught in cohorts.
InformationFor More Information, Contact
|Dean||Sandra Romano, Ph.D.|
|Department Chair||Robert Stolz, Ph.D.|
|Administrative Assistant (STT)|
|Administrative Assistant (STX)|