1. After being admitted to UVI, you will need to pay the $100 Housing deposit and complete the Housing Application. The housing deposit is returned at graduation or if becoming a commuter student (whichever is first).
2. Take a look at our Residence Halls. We have several styles that may suit your needs. You will want to decide your ranking of preferences for the buildings before completing your Housing Agreement (which will ask for your preferences of buildings, types of room, etc.). If you have a specific roommate in mind, make sure to coordinate your preferences with him or her so you both indicate the same preferences (Pairing of roommates is done based on space availability.)
3. Please review our Housing contract to get a better understanding of the dos and don’ts of residence life at UVI. You should also review our Student Code of Conduct, which governs student behavior at UVI as well. Student should also review our Drug and Alcohol Policy. Assignments will be made in early June for the Fall Semester and Early November for the Spring Semester. All communication will be made via the email address listed on your application. New students who have been accepted for housing will receive their housing assignment information by July 1st for Fall and December 1st for Spring, which is prior to Orientation.
4. Send any necessary supporting documents such as Student Health Form (Must be submitted prior to your arrival on campus).
5. Keep an open mind. This is the first time most people have had a real roommate and are away from home. Know that it will be exciting, and it is okay to be nervous. Regarding potential roommates – We ask you to have an open mind! We have had many success stories. Our goal is to find people that share some common interests, but that are not carbon-copies of one another or “besties.” Being able to learn from another person in a living experience is challenging and rewarding. Keeping an open mind about your roommate will be essential – and in the end, you’ll be very happy with your relationship and what you’ve gained.
6. Prepare for the college experience! Know what to bring when you move in, as well as what to leave at home. Click here for a suggested packing checklist.
7. Prepare for August Check in! Find out your Orientation Schedule!
8. If you have questions, read some of our Frequently Asked Questions. If you still have a question, feel free to Contact Us!