School of Business
Management, Marketing, Construction Management Department
Associate in Construction Management
The Associate in Construction Management degree is designed to provide graduates with the skills and experience to be successful as a project manager on building construction projects. Students will learn principles and techniques of construction, materials and building equipment, manual and computer-aided drafting, building contracting processes, legal considerations, and cost estimating and scheduling using the latest construction and project management software. It is intended to prepare students for positions such as construction supervisor, estimator, scheduler, or project manager.
All requirements for the Associate of Construction Management can be completed on either the St. Thomas campus or the Albert A. Sheen campus on St. Croix.
Prospective students interested in the Associate in Construction Management can enter career path in the following areas and an array of other careers that require management specialists.
- Construction Management
- Project Management
- Course Sequence to Graduation
- Student Learning Outcomes Assessment
- Lead construction projects by setting a direction, aligning resources, and managing others
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders effectively to achieve common goals
- Practice appropriate Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- Interpret and produce construction drawings and documents
- Demonstrate knowledge of various building materials and related building technologies
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of construction management and CAD technology for project planning and management
- Utilize computer systems to produce cost estimates and schedules
- Demonstrate an understanding of construction project financial structures.
- Prepare for the LEED certification examination
For More Information Contact