School of Business
Management, Marketing, Construction Management Department
Certificate in Construction Management
The Certificate in Construction Management is designed to provide graduates with the skills and experience to be successful as an entry-level project manager or supervisor on building construction projects, particularly those unique to the US Virgin Islands. Students will learn principles and techniques of construction, materials and building equipment, manual and computer-aided drafting, building contracting processes, and cost estimating and scheduling using the latest software. It is intended to prepare students for positions such as construction supervisor, estimator, scheduler, or manager.
All requirements for the Certificate of Construction Management can be completed on either the St. Thomas campus or the Albert A. Sheen campus on St. Croix.
Prospective students interested in the Certificate in Construction Management can enter career path in the following areas and an array of other careers that require management specialists.
- Construction Management
- Project Management
- Course Sequence to Graduation
- Student Learning Outcomes Assessment
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders effectively to achieve common goals
- Practice appropriate Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- Interpret and produce construction drawings and documents
- Demonstrate knowledge of various building materials and related building technologies
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of construction management technology for project planning and management
- Utilize computer systems to produce cost estimates and schedules
For More Information Contact