As we begin this process, we will be seeking feedback, suggestions, and field questions to develop the position profile which will guide the presidential search. The Board wants to gain insight from all UVI community stakeholders to leverage the most diverse perspectives to identify candidates best suited to UVI and our community needs.
- As a body politic and corporate for the purpose of exercising general management and control of the affairs of the University (17, V.I.C. Section 453); and
- As a body politic and corporate for the purpose of managing and exercising the powers conferred upon the Fund (17 V.I.C. Section 492)
The Board consists of seventeen voting trustees:
- Ex-Officio: The Chair of the Board of Education of the Virgin Islands, The Commissioner of Education of the Virgin islands and the President of the University
- Public Members: Nine public members shall serve on the Board who are appointed by the Governor with advice and consent of the Legislature
- Trustees Elected by the Board: Two members of the Board shall be elected by the Board
- Trustees Elected by the Student Body: One member of the Board shall be elected by the student body.
- Trustees Elected by the Teaching Faculty: One member of the Board shall be elected by the teaching faculty of the University.
- Trustee Elected by the Alumni Association: One member of the Board shall be elected by the UVI Alumni Association
The Trustees meet three times a year: March, June and October.
- Office of the Board of Trustees
- Administration and Conference Center
- 3rd Floor Room 323
- 340-693-1008 (phone)
- 340-693-1014 (fax)