The mission of Institutional Effectiveness is to provide internal and external constituencies with an accurate and complete understanding of how the institution is advancing its mission of being a learner-centered institution dedicated to the success of its students and committed to enhancing the lives of the people of the U.S. Virgin Islands and the wider Caribbean through excellent teaching, innovative research, and responsive community service.
The purposes of Institutional Effectiveness are to:
- Facilitate the Institutional Effectiveness Process
- Coordinate periodic institutional outcomes assessments
- Conduct survey research to assess institutional effectiveness in researching the stated outcomes of students, faculty, staff, and stakeholders
- Facilitate the systematic ongoing automatic distribution of data concerning subjects such as enrollment, faculty and student characteristics, retention and persistence rates, etc.
- Distribute decision-support data and analysis for senior administrators, academic and operations units and cross-functional teams
- Implement staff training to address improve the quality of services to enhance the continuous improvement process
- Facilitate applications management to ensure that all systems and processes are fully functional, updated, maintained and aligned with the needs of the University and its stakeholders
- Assist academic and administrative units in conducting systemic review of services with the UVINext Taskforce
The UVINext implementation task force is charged with overseeing and implementing the Board of Trustees approved recommendations that were the results of the systematic review of all academic and administrative programs. The recommendations are aimed at maximizing the efficiencies of the University, prioritizing resources and generating savings.