The Bridge between Academic Affairs and Information Technology
The CETL encourages and supports faculty and staff in the scholarship of teaching and learning by enhancing the quality of the teaching experience and the learning environment. The CETL promotes excellence in teaching and learner-centered environments by providing faculty with the resources and strategies to support, strengthen, and recognize high quality and innovative teaching.
The objectives of the CETL are:
- To provide leadership for faculty technology training;
- To provide support to build faculty expertise and enrich teaching and learning;
- Assess instructional technology needs;
- Introduce new techniques for integrating technology into the curriculum to enhance the learning experience and environment with innovative technologies;
- Develop training programs to build and measure faculty and staff technology competencies; and
- Advocate for the appropriate use of technology in enhancing teaching and learning.
The CETL facility includes a training area for 15 people and equipment for faculty use including desktop computers, printer, copier, webcams, laptops, and iPads. Faculty may request to loan any of the equipment by contacting the CETL.
Student learning resources are also available at the CETL, which include libraries, collection development, course reserves, information literacy instruction, wireless network, and the MyCampus portal community.
For more information, please contact Ms. Jacqueline Adonis via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.