Social Research Institute
- Conducts scientific survey sampling.
- Compiles, analyzes and disseminates demographic and socioeconomic data.
- Conducts an annual population and housing survey of Virgin Islands households (VI Community Survey).
- Generates statistics for planning, decision making, grant writing and programmatic reporting.
- Conducts the Virgin Islands Decennial Census of Population and Housing.
- Serves as the Virgin Islands Census Data Center.
Conservation data Center
- Compiles, analyzes and disseminates natural resource and socioeconomic data.
- Provides training in GIS (Geographic Information System).
- Identifies and evaluates threats to natural areas in the Virgin Islands, and provides the tools for decision makers to address these threats.
- Maintains geographic databases on digital photographic imagery, natural marine communities and terrestrial vegetation types.
- Generates maps based on Virgin Islands census data at the district, sub-district, tract, block group and block level.