ECS provides mentors for students through participation in our summer or academic year research programs. Our programs pair undergraduate students with UVI faculty to collaborate on a research project. Students meet with their mentors on a regular basis and this helps foster a mentoring relationship that can be of great benefit to the student. Below are some of the programs students can get involved with.
- Minority Access to Research Careers (MARC)
- Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement (RISE)
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities Undergraduate Program (HBCU-UP)
- Summer Undergraduate Research Experiences (SURE)
- Summer Sophomore Research Institute (SSRI)
We highly recommend students consider working with a UVI professor by signing up for
Directed Independent Research or Internship/Field Studies within their major.
Students are highly encouraged to meet with faculty advisors on a regular basis. They can provide insights on what courses to take, information about special opportunities, career advice, and more. To find the name of your faculty advisor, login to UVI's BanWeb. The Center for Student Success also has academic advisors to help students with registration, major selection, tutorial services, and more.
- UVI Class Schedules - Registrar
- myCampus Classifieds - Summer research, scholarships, workshops, graduate school, etc
- Science Careers - AAAS
- Graduate School Preparation