The mission of the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is to promote and provide support services to the research enterprise at UVI and facilitate the success of the university research community in innovative research, scholarly, instructional, and service pursuits to positively enhance the U.S. Virgin Islands and the wider Caribbean. The office also protects the interest of UVI, departments, faculty, staff, and students by ensuring compliance with sponsor rules and regulations.
The OSP supports and provides resource for faculty, staff, and students who wish to pursue research and other sponsored activities. The OSP responsibilities include the following functions, activities, and services:
- Identifying and pursuing new research initiatives and opportunities
- Proposal Development and Review
- Proposal Submission & Post-Award Management
- Review and Negotiation of Awards and Agreements
- Monitoring compliance with federal regulations, VI Government regulations, and institutional policies
- Developing and providing education and training programs related to sponsored programs