About the Center for Student Success
Our friendly and professional staff work with faculty in the colleges and schools to provide academic advisement to students. This team approach ensures that students receive timely assistance to become members of our higher education community and progress toward graduation with their peers. Our advisement model helps our students think critically about their roles and responsibilities, and to prepare to become educated citizens of a democratic society and a global community.
Academic Counseling and Planning
We collaborate with the Division of Student Affairs to provide counseling that enhances student engagement in the learning process. From time to time, life situations may cause significant challenges for students; Our staff and those from the Division of Student Affairs help students through these difficult times with wise counseling.
- Please let us know how we can improve academic advising by completing the following form
Career Services Referral
Our staff help students in making career-related decisions.
We work with students who:
- Have career goals but need help in putting them into action.
- Want to find an internship or student employment
- Need career direction
Other direct services include:
- Freshman Year Program
- Learning Communities
- Peer Coaching
- Peer Led Team Learning (PLTL)
- Freshman and Sophomore advisement, scheduling, and registration
- Academic tutorial services
- Writing services
- Math and science services
- Computer labs and available wifi
- Equipment loan services (laptops, projectors, calculators)
- Test proctoring
- Helping students resolve complaints