Lean Six Sigma Certification Programs
The University of the Virgin Islands Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CELL) have partnered with a Certified International Association for Six Sigma Certification, LLC (IASSC) instructor to offer the Yellow, Green and Black Belts Certification programs using the IASSC curriculum.
No more traveling outside of the territory to become certified in Lean Six Sigma. You will receive instruction and be tested at the University of the Virgin Islands on the St. Thomas campus.
Lean Six Sigma is a combination of two powerful process improvement methods: Lean and Six Sigma.
- Lean is popular for its methodical approach to streamlining both manufacturing and service processes by eliminating waste while continuing to deliver value to customers.
- Six Sigma is simply a method of efficiently solving a problem. Using Six Sigma reduces the amount of defective products manufactured or services provided, resulting in increased revenue and greater customer satisfaction.
Lean Six Sigma helps your organization by:
- Removing “waste” from a process
- Solving problems caused by a process
- Improving efficiency & effectiveness
- Developing people/employees
Lean Six Sigma applies to many different kinds of organizations, from small to large businesses, corporations, and recently education institutions.
The Yellow Belt = Lean Awareness & Thinking
The Green Belt = Lean Practitioner
The Black Belt = Lean Implementer
The International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC) is a Professional Association dedicated to growing and enhancing the standards within the Lean Six Sigma Community. IASSC is an independent third-party certification body. IASSC does not provide Lean Six Sigma related training, mentoring, coaching or consulting services. IASSC exclusively facilitates and delivers centralized universal Lean Six Sigma Certification Standards testing and Lean Six Sigma Accreditations. These are based on established, recognized and published criteria, none of which are dependent upon the use or engagement with any specific trainer(s), training provider(s), consultant(s), proprietary training content, products or software or any specific organization or company offering Lean Six Sigma or any other services.