Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
Student Outcomes Learning Assessment
Four themes, consistent with the institutional standards, NCATE standards, and specialized professional standards, guide the statements that describe the institution and unit’s expectation of candidates and graduates. These themes and learner outcomes were developed by the unit and other stakeholders responsible for the preparation of candidates in the professional unit.
The professional as reflective
- engages in opportunities for professional growth.
- is willing to give and accept constructive criticism.
- evaluates the effects of choices and decisions on students and others.
The professional as an enabler of student learning:
- respects and values all learners.
- develops supervisory plans and organizes activities and experiences for all learners.
- applies knowledge of subject matter content, pedagogical content knowledge as well as professional knowledge and skills.
- constructs learning environments that are learner centered, and that encourage positive social interaction, collaborative engagement and self-motivation.
- demonstrates a sensitivity for diversity.
- understands and supports student learning and development.
The professional as an active learner:
- engages in critical thinking and problem solving opportunities.
- demonstrates an awareness of research-based best practices and uses this to inform instruction and adjust teaching to fit the needs of all children.
- uses knowledge of effective verbal, non-verbal and media communication strategies.
The professional as a leader:
- shows initiative and self-motivation in leadership.
- establishes cooperative partnerships with school colleagues, parents, and the community to support student learning.
- demonstrates caring dispositions toward all students.
Master of Arts in Education degree with a concentration in Counseling and Guidance
|Practicum Final Evaluation||N/A||X|
|Master of Arts in Education degree with a concentration in Educational Leadership||AY 2013-2014
|Field Experience Dispositions||N/A||X|
The Master of Arts in Education degree with a concentration in Teaching is under program review.