2022 Theme: Energy Hack!
The 7th annual UVI Hackfest will continue this year – with a twist. This year the event will be integrated with Caribbean Green’s Energy Fair. The winning teams, in addition to winning cash prizes, will present at the conclusion of the Energy Fair!
UVI’s Hackfest is an intensive, problem-solving event focused on a theme; the outcome of which is typically a concept for a new phone app. This year’s theme, consistent with the Energy Fair, is “Energy Hack.” Any energy-related concept from the creation of all ways to monitor and measure one’s power use to measuring solar or wind intensity throughout the day. Teams of a minimum of two per team will work together to create a useful solution to an identified energy-related problem.
This year, instead of having a 24-hour “Hackathon,” we will have a “hybrid” HackFest, so that students can also participate in the Energy Fair. There will have a similar event on St. Croix at the end of the October.
See Hackfest Schedule Below:
- HackFest Kickoff and Training (virtual); Noon, Thursday October 13th.
- Teams work on problem identification and app (independently) October 13th and 14th
- Teams meet in Sports and Fitness Center (VIP Room, 2nd Floor) to finalize their app concept and hone their presentation Saturday, October 15th, 10:30 am to 1:30pm
- Teams Present to HackFest judges; 1:30pm Saturday October 15th
- Winners present to Energy Fair conference: 4:30pm, Saturday Oct. 15th.
More information is available on the “Entrepreneurial Programs 2022-23” Blackboard site. (Once in the site, click on Blackboard’s Content tab in the left-hand column, then Open the folder “HackFest 2022.”) Email Dr. Faley (TFaley@uvi.edu) and he will sign you up on the site.
The week will kick off with an opening ceremony – live on Zoom—at noon on Thursday October 13th.
UVI HackFest 2022 St. Thomas Zoom Kick-off Zoom Meeting Link:
Meeting ID: 883 4104 6756
Mark your calendars – more details to follow!
See this link to the Facebook event page - https://www.facebook.com/events/780339396637049
For more information email email@example.com.